Last updated on July 25th, 2019 at 04:08 am
If you have been looking for natural deodorants, you will have likely found the one that I will be talking about today.
What is Underarmed? A great natural deodorant that will leave you fresh in your armpits during the day. Do you want to learn more about it?
Let me first talk a little about deodorants first so you get the bigger picture of why using natural deodorants sticks is important. So stay tuned for this honest review of Underarmed.
What Are Deodorants?
Why do we need deodorant? Is it really necessary? I have met with people that do not put on deodorant for safety reasons. They claim that deodorants are detrimental to your health, so they prefer to smell bad a few hours after taking a shower.
Deodorants try to fight a natural process that is smelling bad after sweating. But then again, there are natural solutions to the problem.
Bad odors from sweating are terrible, especially for people with a picky nose. But is there a reason behind the belief of deodorant being bad for your health? I will discuss that in a moment.
Bacteria living in our armpits are feasting on the stuff that our sweat glands bring out of the body. And these bacteria produce the terrible odor of sweat. When applying deodorants, we reduce and change the bacteria that live there.
There is no evidence from research that we should not be using deodorants. We can safely say that deodorants are a necessary product to use for the sake of our personal hygiene. We must admit that nobody wants to be close to people that have not ever used deodorants or forget to use them.
Why am I stating that the use of deodorants is safe? Breast cancer has risen drastically in the past decades, and it was believed that it could have to do with residues of deodorants and antiperspirants because cancers developed so near to where deodorants and antiperspirants were applied.
However, venerable research centers have stated that there is not enough data nor evidence to prove this theory correct. In fact, they claim that deodorants are not detrimental to your health because your skin protects your body from harmful substances by sweating them out.
Another thing that we have to take into account is the use of deodorants is the fact that it is a cultural issue. However, we should not restrain ourselves from using them just because it is not common in the culture you live. Believe me, you are more attractive if you smell good.
Fifty years ago, when my parents were in their childhood years, they tell stories about how deodorant was never used by anybody in the community and nobody ever thought about it. The first known deodorants were made back in the 1940s and from there they became more popular and known and people started to use them more and more.
However, back then, they did not have the luxury of taking baths every day. If they could bathe once a week, that was great.
While they lived in primitive conditions, today most of us can afford to buy a deodorant stick that helps us fresh during the day. So, deodorants should be on our must-do list every single day.
What Is Underarmed?
Underarmed is a luxurious deodorant stick that is not cheap, but brings your whole family joy and freshness in your pits.
A family formula that was tried many times before it finally evolved into a deodorant stick after a few years of testing and trying, Underarmed has brought confidence back to people who at one point were determined to stop using synthetic deodorants because they felt unsafe about the chemicals found in them.
Why confidence? Sweating, in the first place, is not something we love. And then if you smell bad shortly after taking a shower, you will feel uncomfortable in the presence of other people, especially if you are used to a deodorant every single day.
Underarmed is a gender-neutral product that can be enjoyed by the whole family at the same time. You do not need to have your cupboards full of different deodorants to meet the needs of the whole family.
By using only 100% natural products, like avocado butter, coconut oil, bean oil, raw honey, beeswax, and others, this company is not only environmentally friendly but also conscious about the needs of clean products for a number of reasons. When using this product, you do not only not need to worry about your health, but you can also have peace of mind because no chemical traces will be left behind.
In recent years, many natural, organic, and vegan deodorants have been formulated, but few of them have achieved a high-quality, effective product as Underarmed.
Underarmed also contains first-grade essential oils like bergamot, lavender, and eucalyptus which are responsible for the fresh scent you will be having all day long. However, you must not worry that it will be a scent that will stick in your nose or catch the attention of others coming near you.
People with sensitive skin in their armpits cannot have too much of essential oils in their natural deodorants, or alcohol in their synthetic deodorants, because their armpits will be irritated. I have experienced that with many deodorants over the years. You get a very bad rash and you would love to hold your arms up all day for a few days because the pits become heavily irritated.
Underarmed uses essential oils in just the correct amount to reduce skin irritation. The pH is balanced so this product is intended to be used by anybody, even those with highly sensitive skin.
And yes, natural, organic deodorant makers always ask you to use very little. The less the better. Natural deodorants seem to be more effective when used in small quantities.
One thing that all natural deodorants have is that customers complain about pit discoloration after a few weeks of use. Also, they say that terrible odors come from using these deodorants, which in some cases even smells like urine.
Makers of natural products like Underarmed have responded to this problem by stating that our body goes through a detoxing phase when we do not apply synthetic deodorants anymore. Traces of the chemicals that had been used for many years are stored in the pores of our armpits. And whenever you start to use natural products, synthetic deodorants find their way out and that can cause terrible smells.
That proves the theory that our body gets rid of toxins from deodorants. However, because we put synthetic deodorants in our armpits all the time, these chemicals can never fully find their way out.
The Underarmed team has asked customers to continue to use their deodorant until this smell goes away, which can very well be 4 weeks until you will see a change. If you stick to the product during this time, you will be happy with it from there one.
Underarmed has a 30-day money-back guarantee because they believe in their product to be the best natural aluminum-free product found in the market. Whenever you should have doubts or be unhappy with their product, take advantage of their 30-day guarantee. Or even better, get in touch with them and they will most likely be able to help you because they are experts in the deodorant field.
I already mentioned the importance of being eco-friendly by using clean products. Good news is that this company is conscious of the trace they leave on planet Earth. Their products are not tested on animals, their products can be used by kids and teenagers without safety guidelines except to use a little at a time.
Some people have even gone that far and asked if you could eat the product. And there is no reason why you could not because it is all-natural product. However, I strongly advise you not to try it, because of the essential oil component in it. And, deodorants are thought for your pits, and not for your stomach. What I am trying to convey is that if any of your kids should misuse this product, you don’t need to be too worried.
Underarmed also comes in recyclable containers that are BPA free. How cool is that? I absolutely love it.
What Do I Like About Underarmed?
There will always be positives about any given product and Underarmed, no doubt has many pros why I recommend you to buy yours today!
- I absolutely love the fact that is 100% natural and organic and that only first-grade ingredients are used.
- If you like to live a clean life by avoiding harmful chemicals, this is the product for you. A facility that is environmentally friendly by using recyclable containers and using only natural ingredients get my attention for sure.
- Family-owned businesses are commonly more caring about their customers as chain stores. They depend on their customers much more than any other business. This business provides outstanding customer service that will have you amazed if you ever needed something.
- For a small application, you get to smell fresh all day long. What else can you ask for?
- Many customers have given this outstanding product a 5-star rating. And nope, some of these customers will never switch their deodorant again, because they are absolutely happy with what they have found.
- Did I mention that I love the fact that your whole family can use this product? My wife has been using it for a while and recently I was out of deodorant as well, so I just used hers.
- I am happy that families like the family behind Underarmed are willing to use their knowledge and create natural products for me so I do not have to look for my own formula and have peace of mind because I can make a small change in my every-day life by using natural instead of chemical products.
- And why would I not also like the price? Nope, I do not like to pay such a high price for a small product as Underarmed. However, when I think about the effectiveness and the product itself, I cannot withstand to buy this product even for a slightly higher price than synthetic deodorants.
What I Do Not Like About Underarmed
Of course, every product has negative things that I would like improved, but honestly, for this product, I do not have many negative comments. The maker believes in his product, so do many happy customers, and why should I not believe in it as well? And, I do!
My wife has been using this deodorant for quite some time and she loves it very much.
- If there was one thing I would change, it would be going through the detoxing phase. You will have to stay out of your house and away from your friends for a while because of the terrible odors that can come along with a change to Underarmed deodorant. However, that does not have anything to do with the product itself. And it doesn’t happen to everybody. My wife did not have that problem. She did not notice any difference when changing from conventional to organic and natural deodorants.
- Personally, essential oils could stay out of natural deodorants. Not that I don’t like them, but simply because even with a perfectly balanced pH, people with highly sensitive skin will have irritated skin, as much as the company wishes that they wouldn’t have.
Many people are looking for deodorants to reduce their sweating. Some people have bought this deodorant in hopes that they would stop sweating so much in their armpits.
For years I thought the same.
I was searching for a deodorant that would stop my excessive armpit sweating problem. Unfortunately, I did not find one single deodorant that would do this for me.
And I found Sweatblock, a clinical strength antiperspirant that solved the problem for me. With one application every 7 days, I go completely dry in my armpits. And natural deodorants like Underarmed keep me fresh all day.
I hope this review was helpful for you and that you are able to make an informed choice about natural deodorants. If that is so, could you please share on social media by clicking the buttons below?
And why not, drop a COMMENT below to ask a question, leave a thought, or experience with this product. I’d love to hear from you right now.