If you have been sweating excessively for many years, like I have, I know that you have been looking for a solution to the problem.
You might even have started to believe that there is no such thing as a solution. A few years ago, I came to the conclusion that excessive sweating was something that I could not do anything about, except for watching what to eat and drink more water.
I just thought that I would have to live my whole life with the embarrassment that it always caused me. Who likes to run through the store with large armpit stains, or wet foreheads in the middle of the cold winter? Or who likes to be invited to a formal dinner and having wet clothes, that you try really hard not to touch anybody with your arms because they could feel it.
It was the middle of 2016 that I was tired of being completely wet in my armpits most of the time. I took time to make some research and I was surprised how things had changed within a few years.
Back in 2010, I had tried to find a solution to my problem, and I found an ebook that I eventually bought which claimed to help reduce sweating. However, none of the things that were listed were effective for me.
I had to learn that sweating is a normal process which cools your body; however, suffering from hyperhidrosis is a different story. No natural remedy does the trick if you suffer from hyperhidrosis. Although the natural remedies all gave some relief, I got my clothes stained and ruined easily and nothing could I do to stop my drenched clothes.
The only solution that I had in mind was to wear only certain clothes for the rest of my life, even though that seemed so boring. But what to do?
Fast forward to 2016 when I was fed up with my excessive sweating, which was especially bad during the hot summer months. I did some research and came up with solutions.
After that first time of trying some products that I found, I have done more research, and found that there are actually many products already on the market which do the trick that I had looked for: Stop excessive sweating completely.
So, what is Certain Dri? In this product review, I will give you an insight into a renowned product that blocks your sweat glands completely, but only temporarily. You have to reapply this product. Let me describe this product more in detail to you.
What is Certain Dri?
Not much about where Certain Dri was developed, who was the maker or when it came into the market, can be found on the web.
It seems like you just need to trust the product without knowing the background of it.
Certain Dri is a roll-on clinical strength antiperspirant that claims to give people suffering from hyperhidrosis their life back.
Since excessive sweating can interfere in your social and functional life when you sweat excessively in your armpits, your forehead, or palms, you will be looking for a product that will stop hindering you from running after your daily chores normally.
This product is only intended for the use in your armpits. Look for solutions to excessive sweating in your hands here.
The maker of this product offers three different strengths of this product: The Everyday Strength, Prescription Strength, and Extra Strength.
Everyday Strength Certain Dri contains a 20% Aluminum Zirconium, a metal used in treating hyperhidrosis. This product is not only an antiperspirant but also a deodorant. That means that you will get the double effect: You will stop sweating, but you will also smell fresh in your underarms.
The Prescription Strength Certain Dri contains a 12% Aluminum Chloride, which is the most effective metal to treat hyperhidrosis. Although competitors of Certain Dri do have up to 15% of this component, 12% is fairly high and effective.
If you are sweating excessively, this is the product that you are looking for. It will provide relief from sweating up to several days, depending on how your body reacts to the product.
Keep in mind that the components of clinical strength antiperspirants might irritate your skin. Be sure to follow the instructions that come with the product in detail to avoid rashes in your armpits.
The last product that Certain Dri offers is the Extra Strength. This product contains 25% Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate. The maker of this product claims that this is the product that is effective for up to 3 days, but it does not irritate your skin.
Since many people have sensitive skin, you might be looking for a product that is mild on your skin. However, take into account that this product could not be strong enough for you to stop your sweating.
What Is Certain Dri? What I Like About It
There are a few things that I like about this product that is worth mentioning.
1) Popularity. This product is the number 1 doctor’s recommended clinical strength antiperspirant. In 2015, doctors agreed that aluminum chloride was the most effective treatment for hyperhidrosis, and around 70% of them voted for Certain Dri to be the best product on the market.
Popularity does not mean that it is the only one to use, but definitely worth a try.
2) Price. The price for this product is acceptable. At under $20 dollars per package, which will last you well over a month, it is a product most of us can afford. Instead of buying new clothes often because of ugly sweat stains, you can spend your money on a clinical strength. Check out the price here.
3) Efficiency: At over 65% 5-star ratings from 1,700+ verified customers, you can rest assured that this product works. For many sufferers from hyperhidrosis, this was the first product to be stopping their excessive sweating. Others have stuck with this product for a few years already and are very happy to use it.
This product is reliable and doctor recommended, so why not buy yours today and stop that embarrassing sweating.
4) Cruelty-free product. I absolutely love to buy products that do not have a long history of testing on animals. I am aware that there are probably some things that need to be tested before applied to humans; however, the less, the better. And this product is certified to be free of testing.
What Is Certain Dri? What I Do Not Like About
As with every product, there are things that I like and others I dislike. For Certain Dri, there are some things that I would like to see differently.
1) % of Aluminum. If you compare Certain Dri with its competitors you will see that others use more Aluminum Chloride, for example, Duradry has a 15% and Sweatblock a 14%, which makes it still more efficient. However, depending on the severity of your problem, Certain Dri is likely enough for you.
2) Is Aluminum safe? One thing that has been discussed for decades and I am not sure if the conclusions that researchers have come up with are the correct ones for us. I would love if we did not have to use aluminum to treat hyperhidrosis. However, it has been proven to be effective.
For many years, it was believed that breast cancer was directly linked to aluminum after different testing had been done. However, recently there have been studies that claim there is not enough evidence to prove such theory.
We must understand that we eat a good amount of aluminum through our foods, which would more likely cause cancer if it was that component. Also, what we put in our armpits does not necessarily leave traces in our bodies, but it is being washed away by the body itself.
Either way, because of this uncertainty, I do not like this product because it is something that really helps, but yet we are not sure if it will have a negative impact on the long run.
3) Itchiness. With all products that contain aluminum chloride, you have the risk of getting a bad rash on your underarms. Although it has not happened to me once, although I have used a product from one of Certain Dri’s competitor, it can itch for some time and even get red for some days.
4) Excessive sweating on other body parts. If you block your armpit sweat glands, it might very well be that your other sweat glands will produce more sweat, which can be annoying. However, dry armpits are worth more than a sweaty forehead.
I have tried to figure out if this claimed theory is true, and I am not sure. Yes, if you do your fitness routine or work in the hot sun, the other sweat glands will be more active. However, normally, you will not experience more sweat. This is something that some people have experienced and claimed. Check it out for yourself and share your experiences below.
If you have sensitive skin, just make sure you use a good cream to prevent a rash. Most importantly, what I have found everywhere, is the fact that you have to follow the instructions of application word by word. For example, you need to have completely dry armpits before you apply. That is one thing that most people forget because they apply after showering.
If you follow the instructions, the problem should not become too bad. I am just warning you before you apply this product.
How to apply Certain Dri
As said before, it is very important to apply this product correctly.
1) This product is applied before bedtime. The active ingredients are only effective when you do not sweat, which is at night. You should make sure that your armpits stay dry for at least 4 hours after application. This is also to avoid irritation.
You only put on a few strokes (use sparingly) and you should be good. Let it air dry! This is very important, as wet underarms combined with this product cause irritation.
2) Make sure your armpits are completely dry before you apply. After showering, dry your armpits, and let them air dry for a bit. If you sweat after a shower, wait until you stop. DO NOT apply while sweating! Bad irritation is the consequence.
3) Apply as often as needed. You might experience 3-7 days of complete dryness in your armpits. Depending on the severity of your problem, you will have to apply more often.
Get yours today!
I am so happy that products like Certain Dri have been made to give relief to people suffering from hyperhidrosis. As a decade-long sufferer, I can tell you that my functional life was given back to me after finding a product like Certain Dri.
You come o the point where you do not want to be among people because of your embarrassing sweat stains in your armpits. And a product like this is a situation saver. It can bring you back your confidence!
Why not check it out? It is an awesome product that everybody suffering from excessive sweating should try.
I do hope you learned something new today and found some valuable information on how to stop excessive sweating. If that is so, why not share via social media by clicking the buttons below?
Or have you tried Certain Dri? What results did you have? Share your experiences, questions, and comments below.
Wishing you success,