Last updated on January 11th, 2019 at 04:20 am
today I am back with another great blog where I will answer the question: What is a Thompson Tee. It is my absolute favorite undershirt with awesome technology that hides your sweat stains completely.
When you suffer from excessive underarm sweating and there is apparently no way to stop it, you will certainly look around for all kinds of products that could be the solution to the problem. That is exactly what I did.
I had been looking for natural methods that would finally hide or stop my sweating. Everywhere I went, every single day, my shirts were drenched in sweat and nothing seemed to help.
I came to the point where I was considering surgery or botox to stop the problem, but that was too expensive at the moment, so I had to search for something else. One day, I stumbled across sweat pads on Amazon and I thought that they could be my longed-for solution.
However, after reading all the reviews, I was not sure if it was something me. Also, I was tight on budget, so I decided it was not the best thing to buy something that I really did not trust.
In the middle of all my research, I stumbled over this undershirt, and I decided to give it a try because of many positive reviews, that claimed to help a person with suffering from excessive sweating.
I am very happy that I bought the Thompson Tee. It has been a life-saver in the past years. I can hide my sweat stains completely. My shirts stay 100% dry, even after heavy sweating.
I love to give my body as few chemicals as possible because we all know that our surroundings nowadays are full of chemicals and toxins. So why give your body a chemical to stop sweating? Although aluminum chloride, the key ingredient of clinical strength antiperspirants, might not be as unhealthy as believed for many years, you are probably not too eager to put it into your armpits.
And why do it when there are other options available? Why not let the armpits sweat as much as they want and find a solution so it cannot be seen?
The Thompson Tee undershirts are the best option for those who don’t want any added chemicals applied to their body and for those who don’t want to undergo expensive surgery of sweat gland removal and spend a lot of money on expensive antiperspirants.
What I Love About The Thompson Tee.
I have used these shirts since November 2016 pretty much every day! And I love them so much! I have never worn better undershirts than these, especially because of my excessive sweating problem. Here are a few reasons I love these undershirts so much:
1) Hydro-Shield Technology: These shirts have thick pads in the armpits that have the hydro-shield technology. They soak up all wetness and keep it in. No more leaks and absolutely no more ugly stains on your clothes.
These shirts get the job done extremely well. I don’t mind sweating now anymore, because my shirts never ever get wet again under normal circumstances. If I work outside for really long in the hot sun, it could be that after hours of excessive sweating, some sweat would come through, but that takes a long time. However, it hasn’t happened to me more than twice in these years.
2) Comfort: The undershirts are comfortable, although you will have to get used to them. I started using undershirts regularly at the age of 17 because my sweating was so extreme that I needed something to protect me from stains for at least the first 15 minutes of that presentation, concert, or meeting. Therefore, switching to the Thompson Tee was not a problem at all. At first, the thick pads seemed uncomfortable, but only after a few days, I did not think about it anymore because I was SOOO happy that I didn’t have sweat stains on my shirts anymore.
3) Durability: At first, I bought only 1 undershirt to see if it would really work. After trying out many things for my excessive sweating problem, I was not sure if this would work at all. Only after wearing a few times, I stocked up. I now have had 7 undershirts for a good time already and I wear them every single day.
They are not worn yet. Look at the picture. This XL slim fit Thompson Tee has been used by me weekly for good 18 months at the time of this image.
They didn’t get loose as I expected it would after time and as the picture looks like. Compared to shirts that I used before, like Hanes, they would get baggy very soon; these longer until they get loose.
They have no holes in them yet and they continue to do their job 100% all the time. I have tested them so much, it gets washed at least once a week and it has stood the test.
4) Colors and shape: When I first bought these shirts, they were still new on the market, so it had a few options available. However, as they are growing in popularity, the company offers more options. There are a few colors, of which white and black continue to be my favorite. I also like the V-neck option so people will not see that you have undershirts when you have a few buttons open on your shirt.
They also have round-neck and the deep V-neck if you like to have your buttoned shirts open at the top.
5) Material: The materials of these undershirts are great. They are made 95% of ultra-soft rayon from bamboo and 5% spandex. The spandex helps that the shirts don’t shrink nor expand after washing and using. My shirts still fit pretty much the same after 18 months of regular using as they did when I bought them. And they are very soft and comfortable.
6) Extra length: At first, I did not like that these shirts were extra long because I thought it was uncomfortable. However, after using them, I found that this was actually not a problem, but a huge plus. My undershirts stay tucked in the whole day. They don’t come out all the time as my Hanes undershirts always did. This point could be argued by some, but for me, it is a huge plus.
7) No chemical treatment: I absolutely love the fact that the shield guards are not chemically treated and yet it doesn’t become ineffective after many uses. I can sweat now as much as my sweat glands want and yet not stain shows up.
8) Stay dry: Even though you sweat, the shields will not get soggy or too wet. Yes, it gets wet after heavy sweating, but not to the point where it is too uncomfortable to wear; not to the point, where you feel the need to change into another shirt.
On workdays, I put on my undershirt in the morning and get out of it in the evening and, yes it is wet, but I never again feel the need to change immediately after coming home or even during the day because everything is wet. Somehow, with this technology, the wetness is locked in, which is great.
On the left, you will see a close-up of the underarm, the thick pad that shields you from sweat. It is really hard for sweat to come through.
Also, in this image, you see again, how strong the shirts are. As mentioned, this shirt has been used for around 18 months weekly and you can tell that it has been used, but it is in good condition.
9) For both genders: The good thing about these shirts is that you can get them for women for men. When they were launched started, if I don’t recall incorrectly, they were only for men. After the time, it has proven to be effective, so you can now get them whether men or women.
Now you can find many different ones for both, men and woman.
Buy your best undershirt today!
What I Don’t Like About the Thompson Tee.
Every product has its good sides and its bad sides. And the Thompson Tee is no exception. There are many good sides to the product and the best is that I finally have my “sweat freedom” back. I can sweat, but my confidence is not compromised. The negative sides of the products will never outweigh the positive ones for me. Here are a few things that I do not like:
1) Hard to dry: The pads on these shirts are extremely hard to dry. If you hang it out overnight, you cannot expect it to be dry in the morning. The pads soak in the wetness so well that you can hardly get it out again. Therefore, having a few of these is highly recommendable. Even if you throw them into the dryer, it takes longer for them to be completely dry. I always turn the inside out and hang them out for a day or two if I don’t want to use the dryer.
2) Price: These shirts are well worth the cost, but it is a bit pricey when you consider buying undershirts for a full week. However, since they last longer and can be used daily for a long time, the price is not that high. When I first came across them and they worked so well, I was so tight on a budget that it took some time until I could buy a full week’s stock. However, the 7 shirts I have will last for some more time (although I have lost much weight in the past months, which could lead me to need new ones in the near future. However, if that would not be the case, I can see that they will possibly last a few more years).
3) Stains on the pads: Although you will not get another stain on your shirt, the pads on your undershirt will still get the ugly yellow stains from the inside over time, because you still sweat.
It is kind of nasty, but as a heavy sweater, I am used to wearing sweat-stained clothes, so it doesn’t bother me because nobody sees the sweat stain and they are only from the inside of the shirt.
Plus it is only on the inside, where your armpits and undershirt touch, never on the outside of the pad. Check out the images of my shirt.
As you can see on this picture of the same undershirt that I posted above, I just turned the inside out. You can see how much deodorants and sweat stains are on it. But in the picture above, you can see that it doesn’t come through.
Let me tell you that this shirt has not been treated for yellow stains once. I have not once used Oxiclean, direct sunlight or other methods to remove sweat stains. Don’t you think that this shirt has done its job really well? I do and I am so happy to have these to put on.
Tip: Let me suggest that you buy a slim fit. When I first bought them, I was at least 70 pounds overweight, which means that I am not slim at all, but have excess belly fat. After reading many comments, I decided to try the slim fit even though I doubted it would fit. However, I was SOO happy that I had not bought the original fit.
I think the more fitted it is, the better it soaks up your sweat without letting it seep through.
The slim fit was perfect for me, although I never dress slim fit shirts. I have not tried the original fit, but I assume that it must be quite loose, for which I highly recommend wearing the slim fit. The Thompson Tee undershirts are my #1 recommendation if you suffer from hyperhidrosis. You will not go wrong when buying these shirts.
Buy your best undershirt today!
My Verdict Of This Undershirt
As you must have noticed during my post, I am very excited to own Thompson Tees, since they have given me back sweat-freedom and confidence, that I lacked. Can you imagine having a teacher that sweats excessively? Well, that is just me. I had to worry constantly about what to put on.
I found out that darker clothes did not show the sweat stains so well. Also, jackets and sweaters covered them really well. Multiple layer clothing was also nothing uncommon. Wintertime was the best because I could use jackets without having to find excuses, like in the hot summer days.
The past few years have been wonderful because I am wearing whatever shirt I want, whenever I want and for as long as I want. I recall only once when the sweat stains showed, even though the Thompson Tee. I must have sweat extremely because that does not happen to me normally. And believe me, I sweat a lot! It was strange how once little sweat stains showed up. But you know what? They did not show up where the pad was but around the pad.
That was kind of an awkward picture on my armpits, but I am grateful it has not happened more than once.
I can finally focus on things that I have to do. Before I owned these shirts, I did my job, but I always worried about the sweat stains, and when to find a chance to run home to change or shower. Now, I confidently wear whatever I want and it is effective throughout the day.
On a final remark, I highly recommend the Thompson Tee over any clinical strength antiperspirant. Why? That is a routine issue for me. I forget to put on antiperspirants in the night before bedtime and the next day I will likely sweat. However, I am used to putting on undershirts daily, so I only have these available now. I can go sweat-free with or without antiperspirants. Not that I do not use antiperspirants here and there, but not on a regular basis.
Buy your best sweatproof undershirt today!
However, if you would rather stay dry the whole day, without having to wear bulky undershirts, you can read more about my #1 recommendation of a clinical strength antiperspirant, which I use periodically and it is 100% effective.
If you found this article informative and helpful, please refer your friends, family, and colleagues to it so they can be helped with their embarrassing sweating problem. Click the social media buttons below.
Also, please leave me a COMMENT below. I love to hear from my readers! Experiences, thoughts, questions, or whatever you like.
Wishing you much success with your new undershirts,