Hi guys, its Oscar again from stop-sweating-now.com. Today I want to tell you about products that we guys all look for: Antiperspirants. Let’s face it, we all sweat and it is not something we do like too much. Whenever we go on a date, or to a meeting, and we sweat, it somehow interferes in our functional life.
Good news is that there are products that stop our sweating so we can avoid the awkward moments when we lift our arms and …ups… ugly sweat stains.
This list of 10 best antiperspirants for men will help you decide which one is best for you and what to make of your sweating problem.
Before I go into this list of best antiperpirants, I want to talk a little about sweating.
Sweating is a bodily function that keeps you cool. All over your body, you have sweat glands scattered, which work really hard to maintain the temperature of your body. Often when you sit outside in the sun, your sweat starts to drip down your forehead. You may wonder why you sweat when you don’t do anything.
Well, sweating is the natural function of your body to prevent you from dehydrating to quickly or preventing your body temperature going up to dangerous levels where all kinds of problems can occur.
A person that has fever also tends to sweat. Why? Your body temperature is going up and one way to keep it down to normal levels is by sweating.
Not only does our body sweat to maintain body temperature, but also to get rid of toxins. Your skin is exposed to toxins every single day, and sweat prevents it from coming into your body. It also helps your kidneys, gall bladder and liver to get rid of toxins that are in your body.
So, if sweating is something you strongly dislike, just think of it as a necessary “evil” so you can stay healthy.
Sweating is not only uncomfortable, but can be downright embarassing. There is a medical term called hyperhidrosis that some people develop during their teens. Around 2-3% of the population suffer from this condition. It is when you sweat excessively without any reaon behind it.
Everybody sweats, but some people’s sweat glands have not “stop button”. They sweat even in air-conditioned rooms while sitting and drinking a coffee. They will also sweat when going out for a date, when doing a presentation. Learn more about it.
If you are one of those, the 10 best best antiperspirants is definitely something for you! You might have always looked for a solution to stop excessive sweating in your armpits.
And if you just sweat a lot when doing a fitness routine, or when working in the sun, or maybe your job requires a lot of physical movement and you would like to reduce sweating in those hot days, this post is for you.
What Is An Antiperspirant?
People often get confused when looking for antiperspirants. Deodorants and antiperspirants are often thought to be the same, but their function is completely different.
More: Difference between deodorant and antiperspirant.
We have bacteria living in our armpits that feast on the proteins contained in the sweat we produce. These bacteria pass gasses which leave behind a terrible smell.
Now, deodorants are the ones battling with this terrible smell. If you put on your deodorant, you can rest assured that the population of bacteria stays within the normal range and that the produced gasses are suppressed by the active ingredients of your favorite deodorant.
More: Top 10 deodorants for men.
Antiperspirants, to the contrary of deodorants, do nothing with this terrible smell, they only block your sweat glands. When you apply antiperspirants, you will not sweat or at sweat less, which naturally avoids strong odors because bacteria can not feast on proteins.
If you are looking for something to smell good through the day, you need to buy deodorant, and if you are looking for a product that will stop your sweating, you need to buy deodorant.
10 Best Antiperspirants For Men
In recent years, a number of products have been formulated to stop people from sweating. As I said before, people that are sweating excessively are always looking for a solution, and let me tell you that this solution has been found.
Having suffered from hyperhidrosis for more than half of my lifetime, I know exactly how embarrassing sweat stains in your armpits can be. But I have also found that the solutions that I am about to share with you are very effective. They claim that you will stain completely dry in your armpits, and I can testify to that. Some of the products in the following list of 10 best antiperspirants for men, will stop your sweat glands temporarily for good.
Take a look at the products and see for yourself.
As I said, if you are looking for a product that completely stops your sweating, you are on the right place here. I will present to you the best of antiperspirants that you can find on the market today,
The first best option is Sweatblock. This is a clinical strength antiperspirant that blocks your sweat glands completely and will give you up to 10 days of protection.
I have used this product multiple times effecively. You need to be careful when applying on your armpits, but I can guarantee that you armipts will be completely dry. Not a single drop seems to find its way out of the pores.
The active ingredient in Sweatblcok, aluminum chloride, which has been discovered as the most effective sweat block, has been used in other products for years.
Doctors say that it is the #1 recommendation for people who sweat excessively.
Things I Like About Sweatblock
1) Effectiveness: When I first bought this product, I was very skeptical. I mean, how would a product stop your sweating, when you had been living with this problems for many years? I bought one pack of 8 towelettes and carefully applied it for the first time.
Next day, I had to feel my armpits constantly, and to my surprise, they stayed completely dry. I could not believe what was happening to me. A dream come true: Being able to walk out of the house with no sweat stains and not having to expect them.
2) Strength: The 14% aluminum chloride active ingredient in Sweatblock is of perfect strength. Competitors of Sweatblock use a 12%-15% of this ingredient, which seems to be effective in all cases. However, Sweatblock has the right amount because it stops my sweating for a good 7 days.
The number of days all depend on how you apply this product, and even when you apply it. It is crucial that you apply it before bedtime, when you anticipate to not sweat for at least 4 hours. If you sweat shortly after applying, the ingredient is washed away and is effective.
Some users report up to 10 days of dryness, and others only 3 days. It all depends on your body and how your body reacts to it. However, you can rest assured that it works. I have proven that very often.
3) Stain-free product: Your undershirts will not be stained as happens with deodorants. Since you only dab the wet towelettes onto your armpits and leave them overnight, you can expect your shirts to stay in good condition.
4) No hiding anymore: When you sweat excessively in your armpits, you have to be so selective about your clothes, the materials they are made of, the colors and what not else. With Sweatblock, you get your confidence back to wear whatever color you like, whatever piece of clothing you like; no more hiding.
That is the best part of clinical strength antiperspirants, to get your functional life back.
5) No side effects: Sweatblock claims that there is enough evidence to state that there are no side effects no long-term effects of using the product. They say that our body has enough sweat glands, that if you block some of them, the body has enough glands to still complete the function of the body.
Research goes further and states that there is not enough evidence to prove that the active ingredient, aluminum chloride, is unsafe as was believed many years ago.
Regardless if you believe or the other theory, the truth of the matter is that our body was designed to reject toxins and get rid of them in one or the other way. That is also true with aluminum chloride, your body will find a way to get rid of them. It does not mean that you should overdo the dosis, but your body can handle some of it for sure.
Do I state that you can rest assured that there is nothing behind the belief that aluminum causes cancer? Nope, I just want to make clear that you will have to decide for yourself whether you use or do not use this product.
For some people the health effect is not so important and for others it is priority. This product does its job very well, but do your own research if you are not sure about long-term effects.
Things I Dislike About Sweatblock
1) Itchiness: Aluminum chloride, the active ingredient of Sweatblock and its competitors is very strong for your skin and can lead to a bad rash, itching or red spots.
Make sure that you follow the instructions before you apply this product to prevent a bad rash from happening. I have never had a rash after using Sweatblock. However, I have had itching for a few hours after application, but not too bad.
The key to avoid rashes is to have completely dry armpits before you apply it. Also, you need to stay dry for at least 4 hours until the product has gone into your pores and done its job well.
In my case it has not been bad enough to keep me away from using the product.
2) Price: This product is on the higher end if you think that you have to get one package of 8 towelettes every 24-80 days. It is not something you cannot pay, but it counts up if you need to buy this product every month. I suggest you also check out the Thompson Tee undershirt, which is also high priced, but last for very long. Check out the price here.
3) Effectiveness: It might sound controversial that I like how effective it is and then again I dislike it. The only problem with Sweatblock is that it looses if effectiveness if something comes in the way when applying it.
You have to stay dry for at least 4 hours after application for it to have effect. It has happend to me that I started sweating unexpectedly after application, or that I had to get out of bed to tend to my sons, or it was really hot inside. All these things come in the way of using Sweatblock effectively. After an interrupted application, as I like to call it, you cannot expect more than 1 or 2 days of dryness.
That is a waste of towelettes and you get frustrated when it happens.
However, I cannot understate that this product is effective as long as you can apply it the way it was meant to.
4) Unpractical: Yes, grabbing a small towelette is not exactly practical when going to bed in the evening. A roll-on product is far more practical and easy to use. However, that does not weigh down the effectiveness of this product.
To read more about Sweatblock, read this full product review.
Click here to buy yours today.
Another must-have in the list of 10 best antiperspirants for men is Duradry. This product has been developed recently by Jack and his partners after a long journey of treating excessive sweating unsucessfully.
He tried many different products over the years until he decided to take matters into his hands and find the long sought-for solution to embarassing sweating.
After finding the Steve Jobs in the cosmetic industry, as Jack states, he tested all the products that they made, until he found the perfect combination of ingredients that stopped the sweating.
That is how Duradry was born. And it has been proven to be effective and loved by its users.
Things I Like About Duradry
1) Effectivness: Just like Sweatblock, you can rest assured that this product will stop your axillary hyperhidrosis for good. You do not have to worry about sweat to interfere with your daily life.
With 15% of aluminum chloride, Duradry has among the highest percent of this ingredient, if compared to its competitors. Stay dry for many days, reapply and stay dry again.
2) The two products that go together: Duradry comes in two different formulas that compensate each other. You apply Duradry PM in the evening before bedtime, having your armpits dry and clean. Let it sit through the night. In the morning you apply Duradry AM, which is a neutral deodorant, but also has active ingredients that prevent you from getting rashes.
If you compare to Sweatblock, you can be sure that you will have itching or even bad rashes after application. With Duradry, the you have all in one: Stop your sweating, but also hydrate your sensitive armpit skin to prevent these rashes.
3) Stain-free product: As with Sweatblock, you will not get stains on your clothes. Deodorants mostly leave traces of a powdery chalk, and this product does not do that.
It is always nice to have your dress shirts stay nice in the armpits and with this product, you can rest assured that your clothes will look new even after wearing many times.
4) 100-day money back guarantee: To be able to give back a product after using for 100 days and receiving your money back without many unnecessary questions asked shows that this product can be trusted.
Most competitors offer a 30 day money back guarantee, but Jack is sure enough about his product that he decided to extend the expected 30 days to 100 days.
5) Stay sweat free: Again, as with Sweatblock, what is better than being able to wear the clothes that you want without having to worry about ugly sweat stains that will show all over your armpits.
Duradry has this protection to offer. For this reason alone, if you sweat excessively, you will want to buy this product.
6) Price: You get more out of Duradry with the price you pay than you do with Sweatblock, for instance. However, both products are unique and offer a solution to people suffering from hyperhidrosis. Just because of the price, you would not necessarily choose Duradry over Sweatblock. Check out for yourself which product is best for you.
Things I dislike about Duradry
1) Irritation: Although Jack claims that you hydrate your skin by using both Duradry products together, there are people with super sensitive skin in their armpits, who just cannot seem to be able to put on a product that protects them from getting rashes. And that is no different with Duradry.
If you decide to use this product, I will not guarantee zero itching and zero rashes. Follow the instructions of application carefully and don’t hesitate to contact Jack if you ever experience a problem. Customer service is priority in this company. They can help you if you should be uncomfortable using it.
2) Safety: I do write safety on purpose on the things I dislike about Duradry. If you read back at Sweatblock, I put safety on the things that I liked. The matter of the fact is that I am not 100% convinced that there are no long-term side effects when using a product like Duradry.
Yes, research centers claim there is not enough evidence. However, can you rely on it? I do use antiperspirants regularly, including clinical strength antiperspirants, but I prefer not to overdo them, because I strongly dislike putting all kinds of stuff into my body that I am not 100% sure of.
I leave this as food for thought. Do your research if you are doubting the safety of this product. Let me just tell you that this product, as well as others, are FDA compliant, which means that it has been approved as a safe product.
To read more about Duradry, read this full product review.
Click here to buy yours today.
Zerosweat was born similarly as Duradry. Tyler had been battling excessive sweating for well over decade, trying out all different kinds of products from deodorants, antiperspirants to prescription drugs.
He got so tired of this drama that he decided to make an end to the problem. He attempted to make his own product that would be a solution to many others suffering the same problem that he was having.
After two tough years of trying, he finally he got the perfect formula that made a dream come true. He finally found a product that solved his problem and would help many others.
People like you and I, who do not want to think about medical interventions to stop sweating, consider this product a life-saver. Not having to worry about sweating anymore, and yet not having to think about expensive treatments that often do not have a lasting effect.
Things I like About Zerosweat
1) Scent-free product: Zerosweat only has 3 ingredients: Water, alumimum chloride, and sodium bicarbonate. That is it. Almost unbelievable. Many products have all kinds of fragrances or scents that can irritate your skin.
2) Effectiveness: How could I not mention how effective this product is? As much as Duradry and Sweatblock, Zerosweat has thousands of happy users who would not switch to any other product.
With a 15% of aluminum chloride, Zerosweat has as much of this ingredient as Duradry. This makes it a product that will leave you guaranteed dry in your armpits for days.
On average, customers report full 7 days of staying dry, which is slightly higher than the reported average with Sweatblock. This fact is not surprising, as the % of aluminum chloride is slightly higher as well.
3) Related products: If you suffer from palmar hyperhidrosis, meaning that you sweat excessively in your hands, Zerosweat even offers a cream for your hands that will have the same effect on your palms than this product on your armpits.
Check this option by clicking here.
4) Cruelty-free product: Is it important for you that products you use are not tested on animals before released into the market? I do care about it.
Zerosweat was never tested on animals, which is a huge plus.
5) Positive reviews: Go check out the reviews on Amazon.com and you will see for yourself that this product has a powerful +60% 5-star rating with well over a thousand verified customers.
Considering the short time this product has been on the market, those numbers are powerful and cannot be overseen.
6) Practicality: As said before, if you want to have a product that is practical to apply, it will have to be Zerosweat. With a practical roll-on, no annoying towelette needs to be used to apply.
Things I dislike about Zerosweat
1) Itching: Should I repeat this? Yes, of course. I cannot overstate that you have to be careful when applying the 10 best antiperspirants for men that are of clinical strength.
There are many people who carelessly apply the product, not believing that it will make difference. Let me tell you that I have experienced first hand the itching that this product can cause. It even robbed me sleep the night I applied it because aluminum chloride is not easy on your body.
Make sure you follow the instructions to avoid further problems.
2) Price: None of the clinical strength antiperspirants is very cheap. However, you get what you pay for. On the other hand, I find it cheaper to buy a sweat blocker regularly than buying new dress shirts often because they are soied in the underarms.
With Zerosweat, you can expect to have a new bottle on hand at least every 2 months.
3) Safety: I have talked about safety quite a lot in on previous products, that I do not intend to repeat here. However, I repeat that you need to do your research well if you want to rest assured that this product is for you or that it is not.
Studies done in the 1950’s stated clearly that there was evidence that brest cancer was strongly linked to aluminum in the armpits.
Then in the early 90’s, this theory was debunked, stating that testing done on animals back in the 50’s did not have enough evidence, since we take in aluminum in high dosis through the foods that we eat.
Again, consider it for yourself.
To read more about Zerosweat, read this full product review.
Click here to buy yours today.
3) Certain Dri
Certain Dri is a similar product as Sweatblock, Duradry and Zerosweat. It has been on the market for more time, people that found out about this product af few years ago, stick to it and claim it to be the best product.
It stops sweating completely by applying a little in your armpits just before bedtime, when you are are sure that you will stay dry for good 4 hours.
Although it has only 12% aluminum, which is slightly lower than its competitors. You would expect to have your sweating be back to normal a little sooner. For example, if you average in Duradry would be 7 days, you would expect at least 5 days of protection from Certain Dri.
No history behind this brand can be found. However, this product is highly recommended by doctors for people suffering from hyerhidrosis.
This company even offers different products. There is a the one that is clinical strength, which is made for people suffering from severe hyerhidrosis.
Then there is the Everyday Strength which is for all the people that like to sweat less or not at all. People that sweat because they work really hard, or do fitness routines frequently would highly benefit from this product.
The good thing about the Everyday Strength version is that is also a deododorant. You get the added feature of reducing sweat levels but at the same time, reducing bad odors.
The other products, Clinical Strength and Extra Strength are the ones that have different strengths for people suffering from severe and mild hyperhidrosis.
Things I like About Certain Dri
1) This product is popular: With a few years to back up its results, Certain Dri is very well known among people suffering from hyperhidrosis. In fact, over 70% of doctors voted this product to be the best on the market, back in 2015. There is no doubt that happy customers spread the word and that is how it got popular.
2) Yes, again, effectivness: As with other antiperspirants that contain aluminum in higher levels, this product does its job. There are too many happy users to not believe that this product works miracles. Many people have used it for years and they are happy with it as they were back when they started. The reason? It gave them their freedom and functional and social life back.
3) Cruelty-free product: I have said before that I care about products that have not been test on animals. This is another product that has been tested on humans only, and it has been proven to be effective and safe, according to studies made.
What I Do Not Like About Certain Dri
The list of things that I do not like about Certain Dri will not be much different from previous lists of do-not-likes for the simple reason that these products solve the same problem and they all do it pretty much the same way.
1) Price: The price you pay for a great antiperspirant is nothing compared to the damage excessive sweating does to you and your pocket because of all those clothes and trips to stores that carry the clothes you need.
However, if you have to pay the price for this product every single month, or even every second month, it counts up and you spend quite a bit. However, as I say, who can take the freedom away from you for paying around $20 dollars monthly?
Check out the price for Certain Dri.
2) Did I mention itchiness? Yes, I have mentioned that quite a few times, but I am going to repeat it. Many happy users are willing to pay the price for itchiness, just to get their long desired dry armpits back. These people, including me, do not worry much about a little itching; we just enjoy the dry armpits that we can enjoy for a few days in a row.
However, aluminum is tough on your sensitive armpit skin area. Don’t underestimate the uncomfort it can cause, especially if you do not apply as stated in the instructions.
3) And again, safety: Yes, you can use this product with the only side effect being probably the itchiness. However, against what recent studies say, you are not sure about long-term effects.
All in all, Certain Dri is a great product. Do not underestimate the power of this product to solve many of your problems. Suffering from hyperhidrosis can be challenging since you get so unsure about yourself. Your clothing will change completely after trying this product. And I am an example for that.
To read more about Certain Dri, read this full product review.
Click here to buy yours today.